Delron Inserts D1836 Series — NAS 1836 Equivalent
|Size||Thread Size Per MIL-S-8879||A Head Dia.||B Dia.||C||E||F Max.||H||J Min.||L|
- Burrs caused by machining of potting slots permissible under flange.
- Adhesive backed installation tab, D1837, shall be furnished with each insert. See page 44.
- Plated or solid film lubricant is recommended on self-locking CRES inserts.
<4> Minimum thread “H”, where length permits, shall be 2 diameters.
<5> Self-locking, 303 CRES inserts without plating or lubricant will be tested using a silver plated bolt or screw.
- Tolerances, unless otherwise specified: .xxx ±.010; Angles ± 2°.
Typical Series D1834 Clearance Hole Insert (NAS 1834 equivalent); installed in honeycomb sandwich panel. Insert is held in place by a cured epoxy compound.
Note: For installation and tooling information, see pages 44 and 45.
Insert Length Determination
The length of the insert is specified by a 2-digit dash number which defines .031 inch increments. Insert length must be a minimum of .040 inch less than depth of panel core (See Fig. 1).
Example: -07 = .218 inch, -14 = .437 inch
- Specified in .031 inch increments.
- Minimum “L” values are listed in Table 1,
- Maximum bolt engagement should not exceed “L” minus .060
Minimum clearance is required between bottom of insert and inside panel skin for proper epoxy bonding around bottom of insert.
Part Number Selection
Consult Rosán for availability of optional materials, finishes and sizes.
Part Number Example:
.1900-32 Thread size, Self-Locking, Aluminum Alloy, Screw Engagement of .50 inch, and an overall panel thickness of .750.
.1640-32 Thread size, Nonself-Locking, Carbon Steel with Solid Film Lubricant, Thread Engagement of .25 inch and an overall panel thickness of .50 inch.