Delron Inserts D1832 Series – NAS 1832 Equivalent
|Size||PThread Size 9||A Head Dia.||B Body Dia.||C||D Body Dia.||E Flat||F Flange Dia.||H Min.||J||L|
- Burrs caused by machining of potting holes of slots permissible under
- Adhesive backed installation tab, D1837, shall be furnished with each See page 44.
- Plated or solid film lubricant is recommended on self-locking CRES
- Minimum thread “H”, where length permits, shall be 2 diameters.
<5> Self-locking, 303 CRES inserts without plating or lubricant will be tested using a silver plated bolt or screw.
<6> Locate locking pellet no closer than 10° from edge of either potting holes or slots.
- Tolerances, unless otherwise specified: .xxx ± .010; Angles ± 2°.
Typical Series D1832 Blind Threaded Insert (NAS 1832 equivalent); installed in honeycomb sandwich panel. Insert is held in place by a cured epoxy compound.
Note: For installation and tooling information, see pages 44 and 45.
Insert Length Determination
The length of the insert is specified by a dash number which defines .125 inch increments. Insert length must be a minimum of .040 inch less than depth of panel core (See Fig. 1).
Example: -6 = .750 -11 = 1.375 inch
- Specified in .125 inch
- Minimum “L” values are listed in Table 1, opposite.
- Maximum bolt engagement should not exceed “L” minus .060
Part Number Selection
Consult Rosán for availability of optional materials, finishes and sizes.
Minimum clearance is required between bottom of insert and inside panel skin for proper epoxy bonding around bottom of insert.
Part Number Example:
.1900-32 Thread size, Self-Locking, Aluminum Screw Engagement of .50 inch, and an overall panel thickness of .750.
.1640-32 Thread size, Nonself-Locking, Carbon Steel with Solid Film Lubricant, Thread Engagement of .25 inch and an overall panel thickness of .50 inch.